Energy Topics > > Education - General Resources
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
Subtopics (click for more specific links)
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2017-04-11 00:22:02.
- AAAS Project 2061
- Centre for Energy (Canada)
Aggregator of energy information in Canada. Offers many educational materials sponsored by the Canadian petroleum industry.
- Conservation Matters -- Environmental Excellence Awards
A private coalition awarding $10,000 for excellent projects that help to preserve the environment.
- Earth & Sky Radio Program
The website for this public-education radio-show allows you to search programs by topic, such as energy.
- EcoLinks - Environmentally Sustainable Economies
- EcoTarium: A Museum of Science & Nature
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- ENC Online: A K-12 math and science teacher c...
- Energy Explained -- U.S. Energy Information Admin.
The site explains where gasoline comes from, what determines the price of electricity, how much renewable energy the United States uses, and hundreds of other energy topics. Good for having students use analysis of real data.
- Energy Literacy:Essential principles and fundamental concepts for energy education
This curriculum guide comes from the United States Global Change Research Program, Resource Library.
Energy Literacy: Essential Principles and Fundamental Concepts for Energy Education presents energy concepts that, if understood and applied, will help individuals and communities make informed energy decisions.
Intended use of the document as a guide includes, but is not limited to, formal and informal energy education, standards development, curriculum design, assessment development, and educator trainings.
- Environmental Research Letters
An open-access, pay-to-publish, peer-reviewed journal covering all of environmental research. Published by the Institute of Physics, United Kingdom. Art Hobson says The article titled "Risks of the oil transition" is especially interesting. It answers some of the questions that our physoc group has discussed concerning "peak oil."
Essex (northeastern MA) organization that supports clean energy, sponsors educational events. Has books and films to lend.
- Impression5 Science Center of Michigan
Explains the basics of solar energy, electricity, and conservation, includes a solar energy quiz. Beware, some inaccurate physics may be found.
- izzit current events lessons
In your classroom, use these daily questions linked to news-clips about current events, increasingly about energy and climate change. The site includes a forum for educators to discuss each lesson or idea.
- Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS)
The JETS website inlcudes resources, articles, and activities about engineering and technology careers.
- Learn at The Franklin Institute Online
- Mineral Information Institute
An educational site about the industry of mineral-extraction, supporting the industry's message that "our lifestyle" depends on the inventory of extracted minerals.
- National Environmental Education Week (2nd w. of April)
- Natural Energy Sources, Clean Energy Ideas
This is a broad informational site about solar, geothermal, wind, and other energy technologies. The site is also gathering links to installers in several countries.
- New York Sun Works
NY Sun Works operates a solar-powered barge in New York City that features a greenhouse using no fossil-fuel inputs. School groups can visit if planned ahead.
This site features educational media about energy and other "clean technology."
- North American Envirothon
North American Envirothon is a not-for-profit organization established to coordinate the delivery of an environmental education program for high school students throughout North America. North American Envirothon is headquartered in League City, Texas.
Envirothon is an annual competition where teams compete for recognition and scholarships by demonstrating their knowledge of environmental science and natural resource management.
- NSTA Science Guides
- Science Articles, Science and Nature Poems an...
- Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge
- Teachers Guide Climate Change and Global Warming
From Carnegie Mellon University, writings and links for educators, especially K-12.
- The George Lucas Educational Foundation
"edutopia online" promotes project-based learning.
- The National Atlas
- The Teachers Clearinghouse for Science and So...
- World Resources Institute
- Yahoo! Directory Environment and Nature - Edu...
- Yahoo! Science - News and Media