All Topics > > Organizations -- Energy-related
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
Subtopics (click for more specific links)
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2020-05-28 11:00:46.
- African Rural Energy Enterprise Development
The United Nations Environment Programme's Rural Energy Enterprise Development (REED) initiative operates in Africa as AREED to develop new sustainable energy enterprises that use clean, efficient, and renewable energy technologies. These new enterprises can meet the energy needs of under-served populations while reducing the environmental and health consequences of existing energy use, particularly low quality biomass fuels such as wood and dung.
- Amer. Nuclear Soc. : Public Information
- American Association of Blacks in Energy - AABE
Mission is to represent interests of African Americans in US energy policy and to encourage African American students to pursue energy-related careers, providing scholarships for such.
- American Methanol Institute
- American Wind Energy Association
- ASES - The American Solar Energy Society
The American Solar Energy Society organizes the national solar energy conference and the National Solar Tour, both annual.
- ASPO the Association for the Study of Peak Oil
- Assoc Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Ed
Learn about what college campuses are doing with sustainability: curriculum, renewable energy, tracking sustainability efforts, professional development, conferences, etc.
- BASEA - Boston Area Solar Energy Association
- Berkshire Renewable Energy Collaborative
- Campus Activism :: Student Activist Resources
- Cape Ann Climate Change Network
Web log for Cape Ann (MA) area climate change network. Hosts Clean Energy Fair.
- CleanEnergy States Alliance
The Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization created by 17 publicly manged clean energy funds from twelve states in early 2003. In an unprecedented national collaboration, these organizations have banded together to expand the use of clean energy across the country by supporting solar, wind, fuel cells and other clean energy projects and companies.
- Climate Literacy & Energy Awareness Network
CLEAN offers a email-discussion-list of educators, weekly teleconferences, and various resources for teaching about climate and energy science. The CLEAN Collection is a set of resources aligned with various American learning standards in science and related fields.
- Collegiate Energy Association
The Collegiate Energy Association is a global student community that connects university-based energy clubs to their colleagues around the world so that they may learn from each other and form collaborative partnerships on energy issues.
In the Announcements section, associated clubs list interesting events, including academic reviews, presentations by industry experts, and conferences.
- Consortium for Advanced Residential Buildings
Sponsored by NREL and DOE, promoting energy-efficient buildings and more. Publishes e-newsletter.
- Eastern Electric Vehicle Club
Eastern Electric Vehicle Club, Valley Forge, PA.
- EcoMall: Enlightened Living: organic, natural...
- Educational Activities in Solar Energy
Based in Needham, MA. Ask SolarSam to visit your school with his Chariots charged by solar power.
- Energy Bulletin
EnergyBulletin.net is designed to be a clearinghouse for current information regarding the peak in global energy supply. There are also articles on solutions to energy-related problems, such as transitions in agriculture.
- Energy Independence Now - Fact Sheets
- Focus The Nation
Focus The Nation seeks to accelerate a transition to clean and renewable energy production and use by engaging inter-generational connections and educating and advocating.
- Harvard Local Solutions for a Sustainable Community
Harvard (MA) Local is a grassroots organization open to anyone interested in seeking local community solutions to the two major challenges of our times: global warming and the coming end of cheap fossil fuels. Members communicate via a Yahoo Groups bulletin board, and exchange ideas for a sustainable future. Harvard, MA is a rural town in northern MA.
- Hull Wind
Show your students one of New England's great firsts: a municipally owned wind power plant near Boston Harbor. A Vestas 660 kW turbine sits next to the High School, a 1.5 MW turbine on the landfill. The organizers have a sincere interest in education.
- Mass Energy Consumers Alliance
Originally a heating oil coop, Mass Energy now advocates clean energy, managing renewable certificates and promoting efficiency.
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association
Sponsors lectures and hands-on workshops about renewable energy, sustainable construction, and sustainable transportation.
- National Energy Education Development Project
NEED has been working across the US for over 20 years, helping educators with energy-related curriculum through workshops, materials, and conferences.
- New England Coalition
Advocates safe energy in New England and has provided education and resources for alternatives to nuclear power.
- New Hampshire Sustainable Energy Association
- New York Sun Works
NY Sun Works operates a solar-powered barge in New York City that features a greenhouse using no fossil-fuel inputs. School groups can visit if planned ahead.
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association, NESEA, organizes Building Energy, an annual conference for sustainable-building professionals and consumers; Sustainable Green (Yellow) Pages; a magazine; and supportive programs promoting sustainable energy and building.
- NRDC - Break the Chain
- Public Citizen | Critical Mass Energy and Env...
- Quincy (MA) Environmental Network
An environmental, educational organization founded Earth Day 2001, focused on local issues.
- REPP-CREST : HOME
- Solar San Antonio
Local organization in San Antonio, Texas, organizes annual solar fair, energy smart schools conference, and workshops for teachers and the public; SSA works with many other local organizations.
- State Renewable Energy News (SREN)
- Student Environmental Action Coalition
A nationwide collection of campus groups, mainly at colleges, but has resources for high school groups.
- Sustainable South Shore
- The Association of Energy Engineers, AEE
- The Cape&Islands Renewable Energy Collaborati...
- The Climate Campaign
- The Foundation for Environmental Education
The Foundation supports the Energy Seeds blog and several statewide solar-on-school programs.
- The Green Guide: Informing Today's Choices, S...
- The International Solar Energy Society
- The Regulatory Assistance Project Home
- The Technology and Potential of Hybrid Vehicles
- The Vineyard Energy Project
Coordinates and supports renewable-energy projects in Martha's Vineyard, MA.
- U New Hampshire Energy Club
Seminars, trips, and projects.
- UNH Student Environmental Action Coalition
- WIRE - Job Offer.The World-wide Information S...
- WISE, World Information Service on Energy Ind...
Focuses on concerns about nuclear energy and radioactive waste
- Women's Transportation Seminar