All Topics > > Politics, Policies, and Profit of Energy
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
Subtopics (click for more specific links)
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2020-10-11 14:08:23.
- US Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy
Created in 2010, an agency to support cutting edge research projects and development of new technologies for energy production and use. Funding programs in biomass energy, building efficiency, carbon capture, conventional energy, direct solar fuels, energy storage, renewable power, vehicle technologies, waste heat capture, and water (desalinization).
A web site aggregating world-wide news about the energy industry, a good list of energy industry events, and a jobs board.
Also, PR videos.
- NWCC - National Wind Coordinating Committee
US organization concerned with issues of wind siting, wildlife, business, and policy.
- Pace Energy and Climate Center
At Pace Law School in White Plains, New York, this center, through analysis, market methods, and internships seeks to reduce the environmental, social, and human health burdens of electricity production, and to mitigate climate change.
- Environmental and Energy Publishing
Professional articles on environmental and energy policy.
- DSIRE: Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy
Find incentives in your state for renewable energy, compare with other states.
- Public Policy Virginia
Non-profit organization promoting policy-change on energy issues.
- 350.org Global Warming Global Action Global Future
Advocacy for stabilizing concentration of greenhouse gases in atmosphere.
- Find Solar
This site from the American Solar Energy Society links to directories of installers, incentives, and calculators, all for finding out how we can facilitate installing solar power in our homes, towns, businesses, and schools.
- Million Solar Roofs
Nationwide (USA) initiative to install photovoltaic panels, with state-by-state goals.
- Apollo Alliance : Good Jobs, Clean Energy
The Apollo appelation refers to the Apollo Project of the 1960s/70s, in which the US travelled to the Moon, requiring great resources to solve a (manufactured?) crisis in the space-race/arms race between the superpowers of the time. Now the crisis is the energy crisis, in which fossil energy may become scarce and emissions may cause world-wide harm.
- US DOE Office of Fossil Energy
Oversees fossil energy research and information.
- Green Building in North America
Pursuant to Article 13 of the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation, The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) is preparing a report on green buildings and the drivers and barriers to their development in North America.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is the nation's primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development (R&D), and it is an laboratory of the US Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. From 1977 to 1991 it was known as the Solar Energy Research Institute.
- inside for Bush's en...
- US Senate Comm--Energy and Natural Resources
- US House Comm. on Energy and Commerce
- Cleanenergynow.org: Greenpeace USA
- DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and RE
- Clean Energy States Alliance
- ISO New England - Generation & Resources
By clicking on LMP Map you can watch the bulk prices for electricity in New England or surrounding areas.
- National Corn Growers Association
- The Regulatory Assistance Project Home
- Energy & Environment - FTC Bureau of Consumer...
The FTC regulates commercial claims about energy efficiency and the environment,
- American Public Power Association
Organization of public utilities. Good place to get their view on legislation. News about programs for efficiency and pollution offsets. Maybe even find a job with a utility. It's being overhauled August 12, 2004.
- EPRI: Learn About EPRI
- Renewable energy promotes U.S. job growth better
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute
The EESI tracks policy and news about energy and environmental issues at the federal level.
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel
Hosts a searchable database of all US Code.
- Renewable Energy Vermont - Solar Power, Wind ...
- ACORE: The American Council On Renewable Energy
Tracks energy investment entities and policies.
- Clear The Air | Regional Campaigns
- US Energy Spreadsheet
- USEnergySpreadsheet.xls (file size:48,128 bytes)
- An Excel-based model of energy consumption, courtesy of Pat Keefe of Clatsop (OR) Community College.