All Topics > > Broad Energy Information
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
Subtopics (click for more specific links)
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2020-08-08 12:35:47.
- Renewable Energy World-RE News and Information
News, blogs, podcasts, and opinions about the renewable energy industry. Formerly renewableenergyaccess.com.
- Energy Explained -- U.S. Energy Information Admin.
The site explains where gasoline comes from, what determines the price of electricity, how much renewable energy the United States uses, and hundreds of other energy topics. Good for having students use analysis of real data.
- National Renewable Energy Lab Map of RE Resources
This interactive GIS-based map allows you to see layers of interesting data for resources of renewable energy in America.
- Cornell Engineering Alumni Conference on Energy 08
Many videos and presentations on energy.
- Center for Sustainable Energy at Bronx CC
The mission of the Center for Sustainable Energy at Bronx Community College is to promote the use of renewable and efficient energy technologies in urban communities through education, training, workforce development, research, and project facilitation.
- Centre for Energy (Canada)
Aggregator of energy information in Canada. Offers many educational materials sponsored by the Canadian petroleum industry.
- Energy Citations Index
The US Department of Energy, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, hosts a database of tens of thousands of articles about science and technology, many with PDF documents available freely.
- Alternative Energy Blogs
This is a gateway (meta-blog?) to blogs each about alternative resources, initially bioenergy, geothermal, and wind. Each blog has an associated Facebook page for social networking.
- Renewable Resource Data Center
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory maintains sets of data on renewable resources, e.g. sunlight falling on the US in a 10km-resolution grid.
Collects and sorts results of questions about energy from recent polls, like CNN, Gallup, Newsweek, etc.
- Technology and the Environment
Lots of text and drawings about many energy technologies.
- Energy A-Z ENERGY topics on data and statistics
- NREL Photo Database
This database lists photos available for non-commercial use from the US DOE National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- ThinkQuest Library Energy
Winning sites of Oracle's ThinkQuest challenge for student-built web sites.
- Google Directory - Science-Technology...Renewable
- Google Directory - Science-Technology-Energy-Education
- Green Energy News - Covering clean, efficient...
- EIA Library/Archives
Check out this site for its Energy Education Resources K-12 section, a link to yearly lists of hundreds of resources with addresses
- International Institute for Energy Conservation
- Yahoo! Directory Science - Energy
- Technology Review: Energy
- Educational Seminar on Solar, Wind and Hydro ...
- Renewable Energy News, Information and Market...
- Odysen: Renewable Energy News for North America
- The Return of The Solar Cat Book
- Encyclopedia of Energy
Consider this for your library.
- EnergyWeb Front Page at Sandia National Labs
One of those typical jumping-off points for research papers written by 10th graders.
- On-Line Energy Resources
- The Source for Renewable Energy
Source Guides lists businesses and news articles relevant to renewable energy. You can search their database by location, product, and other keywords.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- STATE - Related Sites