Research for Environmental Education Programs

Allows anonymous users to comment on the site or send a message to the organizers.
Arthur

Research for Environmental Education Programs

Post by Arthur »

Hi,

My name is Arthur Su. I am a high school student in Newton, MA working on some research for environmental education for my school's science team competition, the Envirothon. I understand that the goal of this organization is to help teachers find a way to integrate environmental issues with various school subjects or classes. My question is this: do you know of any specific curriculum or programs in local schools, and not just individual teachers looking to teach environmental issues, that has worked and resulted in quantitative data indicating its success? For instance, is there any data out there for the success of an "Environmental Studies" class. Any explicit data would be most helpful for my research at this point. However, I am specifically looking for information on fossil fuels education. I am basically trying to promote any sort of curriculum or program involving fossil fuels, or to showcase a bunch of them, but I need some data and I can't find any.

Thank you,
Arthur