See the latest links
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2023-11-29 05:32:15.
- College campuses with solar power plants-AASHE
- Last modified 2011-03-14 10:17:54
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education publishes a list of tertiary education sites with solar power installed. Please use the e-mail on the page if your campus is not yet listed.
- Connecticut Science Center, Field Trip Resources
- Last modified 2019-09-06 15:58:07
The Connecticut Science Center offers free pre-planning trips for teachers, greeters, live science demonstrations, traveling exhibits, lunch rooms, and exhibit trail guides to visiting groups who reserve in advance.
- CUBE the Center for Understanding the Built Environment
- Last modified 2018-03-18 13:46:34
Architects and educators have created lesson plans for school groups to study their built environment. Many of the lessons would be great help to any field trip.
- Denver Federal Center Solar Park
- Last modified 2020-08-08 12:35:47
This park in Denver, CO produces 1.6 million kWh of energy each year.
The public is welcome to come to the DFC at your convenience and experience a self-guided solar park tour with on site interpretive signs. That park is located off of North Avenue and Third Street, visible to those driving along 6th Avenue. The DFC is open to the public during the hours of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Desert Research Institute - Renewable Energy Deployment and Display Facility
- Last modified 2014-03-08 09:28:48
Part of our Field Trip Guide.
A showcase of sustainable materials, renewable resources, and efficiency. The REDD is also home to visiting undergraduate and graduate students researching renewable energy, engineering, and more.
- Dickerson Generating Station
- Last modified 2012-05-16 21:15:03
Part of our Field Trip Guide.
- Dominion Energy - tours and information
- Last modified 2022-11-08 17:09:33
Dominion Energy operates many power plants in the southern United States. This page lists contacts for planning tours of many of their plants.
- Energy Demonstration Center at Northwestern Michigan College
- Last modified 2010-09-27 19:28:09
Energy Demonstration Center, at Northwestern Michigan College provides a variety of options for learners interested in energy-related topics:
Non-credit & continuing education classes including Solar PV, BPI, Wind Power. Renewable energy classes for those seeking academic credit or a degree/certificate.
The Energy Demonstration Center also hosts conferences, tours, exhibits, and facilitates partnership programs.
- Field Trip Guide at EnergyTeachers.org
- Last modified 2020-05-18 09:55:44
Our guide to energy-related field trips across the USA. You can search by distance from a location, with built-in Google Maps, or by feature.
- Field Trip guide to LEGOLAND California
- Last modified 2010-01-27 12:26:18
LEGOLAND California offers a section, for students grades 1-6, about renewable energy.
- Field Trip: COAL MINE
- Last modified 2006-11-21 09:22:22
- Four Solaire in Sorède, France
- Last modified 2016-09-22 11:59:27
Four Solaire hosts the reconstruction of Father Himalaya's 1900 solar cooker, an impressive array of cylindrical reflectors, said to be the first solar cooker.
- Howard County New Cut Road Landfill/Worthington Elementary School Solar Energy Project
- Last modified 2012-05-16 21:00:22
A solar PV project that supplies the electricity needs of neighboring Worthington Elementary School in Ellicott City, MD.
- Iowa Energy Center
- Last modified 2016-06-15 11:37:43
The Iowa Energy Center supports economic development, environmental sustainability, and social well-being in Iowa through energy innovation, education, and entrepreneurship. They provide Iowans with reliable, objective information on energy and efficiency options.
There are two sites available for tours.
- Kettle Falls--Biomass electric generation station
- Last modified 2011-01-21 20:41:09
An electric plant powered by steam from burning biomass (wood industry waste), in Kettle Falls, WA. Several school-groups of all ages have visited the plant in the past several years.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO), 765kV exhibition site
- Last modified 2019-09-23 13:34:14
Part of our Field Trip Guide. Educational exhibits and sustainability features.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab - Tours
- Last modified 2012-05-25 12:58:55
Tours of these labs, many dealing with energy science and engineering, are impressive and inspirational to students.
- Les Amis du Padre Himalaya de Sorede
- Last modified 2016-09-22 11:37:07
The Friends of Father Himalaya of Sorède maintain a monument to the first solar cooker, in the eastern Pyrénées. This blog documents their activities since June, 2008.
L’objectif de ce Blog est d’informer les adhérents et les personnes intéressées à l’environnement et aux energies renouvelables dans le cadre du développement durable.
- Little Shop of Physics, Colorado State University
- Last modified 2023-03-24 09:35:34
Little Shop of Physics is a program of the College of Natural Sciences at Colorado State University. They run outreach programs from the college to schools and the public, including a huge annual extravaganza usually around Earth Day.
Through these programs, they provide a way for college students to volunteer and learn about education.
- Nature Is Everywhere: Powering the Planet: Renewable Energy, A Virtual Field Trip
- Last modified 2018-06-21 06:31:21
A video field trip with accompanying teacher's guide, standards-alignment, and worksheets. A video visits exotic sites on Palmyra Atoll and in Mojave Desert, where wind and solar are harvested for power.
- Orpheum Children's Science Museum -- Groups
- Last modified 2013-04-03 10:06:51
Field trips to Orpheum Children's Science Museum, in Champaign, IL, which, in 2010, includes an exhibit "Mission Smart Grid."
- Our Renewable Nation
- Last modified 2008-12-04 14:07:16
One family will travel across the country, documenting their journey in a bio-fuel-powered car, hoping to inspire students and enthusiasts around the country. The family hopes to communicate with classrooms that track the journey. The web site includes many videos about renewable energy.
- Renewable Energy Online Field Trips
- Last modified 2009-12-05 10:22:28
Penn State University Erie has created this field trip you can take anytime, including questions, video, bibliographic references, and sustainable living tips.
- REpowering Schools
- Last modified 2022-07-30 04:47:29
An organization connecting schools and the renewable power industry to help develop skills for the future U.S. workforce.
REpowering Schools took custody of the Wind for Schools project started by the Department of Energy National Renewable Energy Laboratory, coordinating the installation of wind turbines at school for educational purposes.
- Science Near Me
- Last modified 2022-01-29 13:29:30
Find science talks, fairs, exhibits, volunteering, research, conferences, etc.
Searchable by location.
- Target grants for educational field trips
- Last modified 2014-04-23 16:45:25
The company Target offers up to $800 to 5000 schools each year for field trips. Registration closes in the early fall.
- techbridge girls field trip guide and other resources
- Last modified 2017-04-10 21:22:02
techbridge girls provides an excellent guide to organizing and managing field trips, focused on making them great experiences for girl-oriented STEM groups.
- Texas Energy Museum
- Last modified 2011-05-06 08:16:02
Petroleum centered information, offering tours to schools and youth groups.
- The Imaginarium
- Last modified 2018-03-15 12:16:20
Part of our Field Trip Guide. The Imaginarium at I-Square in Rochester (Irondequoit area), New York showcases many clean-energy features, including wind and solar electricity, solar hot water, bicycle generators, and a ground source heat pump. Organized and customized tours are available, and the public is welcome from Tuesday to Saturday 9AM to 4PM.
- The Innovation Trail
- Last modified 2023-06-05 10:50:13
Part of our Field Trip Guide.
- The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
- Last modified 2011-05-06 09:12:13
In Albuquerque, NM, the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History is the nation's only congressionally chartered museum in its field and a Smithsonian affiliate. Originally known as the National Atomic Museum, it was established in 1969 as an intriguing place to learn the story of the Atomic Age, from early research of nuclear development through today's uses of nuclear technology. Visitors can explore how nuclear science continues to influence our world. The museum strives to present, through permanent and changing exhibits and displays, the diverse applications of nuclear energy in the past, present and future along with the stories of the field's pioneers.
- Virginia Wind Energy Collaborative at James Madison U.
- Last modified 2009-12-14 20:06:13
Field trips, classroom visits, activities, teacher workshops, and more about wind and renewable energy.
- Virtual field trips to Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Last modified 2022-12-12 11:49:31
A thorough program on energy for students to attend virtually.
- Wind for Schools Portal
- Last modified 2022-07-30 04:55:49
The Wind for Schools project, coordinated by REpowering Schools, collects and displays data from power-generating wind turbines installed at schools across USA. You can view a map of projects, download generation-data to analyze.
Teachers can access lesson plans, developed with KidWind and National Energy Education Development.