See the latest links
All Topics > > Architecture
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
Subtopics (click for more specific links)
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2023-11-12 11:26:17.
- Last modified 2023-04-25 14:35:19
3Dux|Design provides kits for connecting cardboard for architecture and design and play, with design challenges and lesson plans.
- Boston Architectural College Green Programs
- Last modified 2008-09-02 13:35:25
Courses on design and building with energy and environmental concerns in mind.
- Boston Society of Architects Foundation
- Last modified 2019-03-30 09:48:10
The BSA Foundation for Architecture and Design engages the public in the importance and power of design. The BSA collaborates with organizations and community-based audiences. The BSA hosts a public display space and meeting areas.
The BSA Foundation distributes small grants for K12 and community design initiatives.
Annual events for the public include KidsBuild! and Family Design Day.
- Build Green Schools by the USGBC
- Last modified 2008-07-18 15:03:10
U.S. Green Building Council offers this web site about school buildings made green from the start. They define green as "a school building or facility that creates a healthy environment that is conducive to learning while saving energy, resources and money."
- Build It Solar
- Last modified 2009-01-09 20:26:03
Solar energy projects from decades of development, including books and other resources from architects, builders, and other professionals and hobbyists.
- Building Energy
- Last modified 2007-03-21 13:46:03
Organized by the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association. Takes place every late winter in Boston.
- Building Energy 2010 Student Design Competition
- Last modified 2010-12-02 13:57:26
Teams of design/architecture students will compete to redesign a site at a once prominent brewery in Portsmouth NH. Deadline for the 2010 competition is Dec 31, 2010. See the site for registration and rules.
- Last modified 2007-05-20 09:42:38
Aggregates articles about the science relevant to architecture, generally promoting sustainable buildings.
- Consortium for Advanced Residential Buildings
- Last modified 2006-11-21 09:22:22
Sponsored by NREL and DOE, promoting energy-efficient buildings and more. Publishes e-newsletter.
- CUBE the Center for Understanding the Built Environment
- Last modified 2018-03-18 13:46:34
Architects and educators have created lesson plans for school groups to study their built environment. Many of the lessons would be great help to any field trip.
- Desert Research Institute - Renewable Energy Deployment and Display Facility
- Last modified 2014-03-08 09:28:48
Part of our Field Trip Guide.
A showcase of sustainable materials, renewable resources, and efficiency. The REDD is also home to visiting undergraduate and graduate students researching renewable energy, engineering, and more.
- Last modified 2015-03-27 17:55:02
EnergyPath is an annual conference for those interested in renewable and sustainable energy and technologies, organized by the Sustainable Energy Fund. In 2015, the conference is held in Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Free House Plans and Free Green Home Plans
- Last modified 2008-11-11 12:29:31
FreeGreen's staff of architects and designers provide free plans to energy-saving, healthy, smart homes. Plans can be customized for a fee to handle different needs such as limited-shape lots.
- Future City
- Last modified 2014-04-08 13:43:00
Over 30,000 middle-school age students participate in Future City every year, in dozens of regional events. With a mentor from the field of engineering, participants study the dynamics of growth and resources, then engineer, design, and build a future city. Teachers organize and guide teams through the projects.
- Green Built Tour New Mexico
- Last modified 2008-10-13 19:22:35
New Mexico chapter of the US Green Building Council organizes this spring set of tours of buildings, both residential and commercial.
- Green Remodeling
- Last modified 2007-10-26 17:50:56
Periodic articles on green building, especially about adding energy efficient or renewable or sustainable technologies to a residence. Part of a web site that helps Californians find contractors for home improvements.
- KidsBuild! at Boston Society of Architects
- Last modified 2019-03-30 09:55:19
KidsBuild! is a program of the Boston Society of Architects Foundation. It is an annual event where kids design and learn about the built environment.
- NEXT.cc journey>>Green Dollhouse
- Last modified 2015-05-19 16:04:00
NEXT.cc presents a series of activities to explore designing green dollhouses.
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Last modified 2011-07-01 19:33:34
The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association, NESEA, organizes Building Energy, an annual conference for sustainable-building professionals and consumers; Sustainable Green (Yellow) Pages; a magazine; and supportive programs promoting sustainable energy and building.
- Last modified 2007-10-15 19:45:53
A small house prebuilt with solar power, may be delivered in many configurations.
- Rate It Green
- Last modified 2007-11-13 15:14:35
An information-hub for green building, helps you find, rate, and review products and services in green building.
- Saturn Resource Management
- Last modified 2011-07-12 20:20:00
Saturn Resource Management provides publications, curriculum, and online training for building performance professionals and trainers.
Their publications are for professionals, trainers, and operators/homeowners.
- The Center For Architecture Foundation
- Last modified 2013-01-17 08:49:34
The Center for Architecture Foundation promotes public understanding and appreciation of architecture and design through educational programs for K-12 students and teachers, families, and the general public.
- U Maine Farmington Sustainable Architecture
- Last modified 2009-01-11 09:56:47
Area teachers are welcome to take advantage of trips to the center to learn about sustainable architecture.
- Green Dollhouse Challenge Oct 2010 workshop notes
- GreenDollhouseChallengeWorkshop20101029.pdf (file size:93,797 bytes)
- Written by Shawn Reeves, to spur discussion among NYS STEM teachers about how to start the Green Dollhouse Challenge.