See the latest links
Please help us make this section more useful to teachers—Send us new links, or notes on how a link has been useful to you.
order: A to Z | newest to oldest
Links last updated 2023-11-12 11:26:17.
- Advanced Technology Environmental Education Center (ATEEC) Dowloads
- Last modified 2020-04-07 08:21:38
ATEEC offers curricula, activities, programs in the US, workshop materials, online discussions, workforce training information, and links for energy education. Some previous programs are archived. Search for "energy".
- American Nuclear Society, Center for Nuclear Science and Technology Information — In the Classroom
- Last modified 2019-08-26 14:33:56
Resources for educators from the American Nuclear Society, including workshops, a newsletter, activities, etc.
- Center for Energy & Environmental Education U. N. Iowa
- Last modified 2009-03-13 11:01:05
Organizes workshops, research, and events for energy and environmentalism education in Iowa. Programs include equipment lending, Iowa Energy Center Poster Contest, Iowa Junior Solar Sprint, Electrathon, Teacher Training Workshops, Environmental Issues Instruction, Waste Reduction, Energy Resources, Local Foods Planning, On-Farm Energy, UNI Student Energy! Project, School Energy Efficiency Project, and more.
- Center for Sustainable Energy at Bronx CC
- Last modified 2007-11-10 15:44:37
The mission of the Center for Sustainable Energy at Bronx Community College is to promote the use of renewable and efficient energy technologies in urban communities through education, training, workforce development, research, and project facilitation.
- Earthways Center, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Last modified 2007-06-11 17:24:59
The Earthways Center is a demonstration site for sustainable projects in science and technology. The Center hosts tours, workshops, and summer day-camps for students about sustainable topics. The Center also offers courses for St. Louis area students about energy and recycling.
- Edison Challenge, Southern California Edison
- Last modified 2009-12-02 09:35:58
From their web site: "Student-teacher teams will be challenged to create projects focusing on an area of environmental science to compete for great prizes. Participating teachers are also invited to attend a series of science curriculum workshops for professional development.
Projects topics must be based on the theme of 'Energy and the Environment' and should include certain project components."
- Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
- Last modified 2014-03-24 09:06:18
GLBRC offers workshops, classroom materials, and other resources to educators.
- Grupo Fenix
- Last modified 2007-10-17 12:23:58
This technological and social program in Nicaragua studies solar and other renewable energy, developing the manufacturing, training, and use of various solar technologies for the local community and for internatinal education. The group has created a model community in Totogalpa, Nicaragua that develops appropriate technology and offers international workshops.
- JR.TECH Workshops + Mentoring
- Last modified 2007-06-05 12:52:59
Offers workshops to students in the Cape Cod area of Massachusetts. 2007 workshops include KidWInd and Renewable Energy workshops.
- KidWind Project, The
- Last modified 2007-06-03 17:39:13
The KidWind Project trains middle school teachers to generate meaningful curriculum around designing and building effective, tabletop, electric wind turbines. KidWind offers workshops, kits, information, and ideas for teaching about wind energy. Its curriculum is excellent for teaching engineering design. KidWind can help you think of ways to get much of the materials donated from local hardware stores.
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association
- Last modified 2007-06-05 07:07:39
Sponsors lectures and hands-on workshops about renewable energy, sustainable construction, and sustainable transportation.
- Natl Ctr for Atmos Research courses for teachers
- Last modified 2008-09-02 11:20:22
Climate Discovery is a series of six- and seven-week courses for middle and high school educators. The course offerings include:
CD501: Introduction to Earth's Climate
CD502: Earth System Science: A Climate Change Perspective
CD503: Understanding Climate Change Today
- New England Biodiesel
- Last modified 2007-06-07 16:09:39
Biodiesel equipment and supplies, experience with schools and safe installations. Offers workshops.
- Northeast Solar Heating Cooling Instr. Training ME
- Last modified 2011-06-13 11:20:02
At Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield, ME, this program trains the trainers for solar heating and cooling installation. Instructors from Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont are invited to professional development activities as part of their program.
- Smithsonian Science Education Center
- Last modified 2017-05-24 12:19:05
The Smithsonian Science Education Center holds in-depth professional development for K-12 educators, often a summer week focused on energy production and use.
- Solar Energy International
- Last modified 2006-11-21 09:22:22
Workshops on installing solar PV, solar thermal, wind, micro-hydro, and renewable fuels, and a special workshop on renewable energy for educators. This nonprofit offers training online and at over 20 locations around the world.
- Solar San Antonio
- Last modified 2008-02-01 08:51:41
Local organization in San Antonio, Texas, organizes annual solar fair, energy smart schools conference, and workshops for teachers and the public; SSA works with many other local organizations.
- Solar Schoolhouse
- Last modified 2006-11-21 09:22:22
California-based workshops on renewable energy.
- Teach Climate Science, by Paleontological Research Institute
- Last modified 2022-06-21 17:38:05
Workshops and resources for teachers teaching climate science.
- Last modified 2023-04-08 14:31:14
TERC is a non-profit made up of teams of math and science education and research experts. TERC offers professional development, educational research, curriculum, and publication.
Office is in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- TERC Climate and Equity Summer Institute for Learning and Teaching
- Last modified 2023-04-08 14:35:21
Annual week-long workshop for educators.
Teachers will discuss equitable pedagogy, hear presentations about the global — and psychological — impacts of climate change, explore climate change impacts firsthand through guided field trips, and have free time to pursue additional topics.
- The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
- Last modified 2012-11-02 18:39:40
The museum offer workshops locally and through their outreach program to New Mexico K-12 teachers. Three perennial subjects are robotics; radiation and nuclear energy; and the Manhattan Project, the Cold War, and beyond.
- The Rahus Institute
- Last modified 2007-05-23 13:44:00
Sells educational materials for solar energy. Runs Schoolhouse Institute, a workshop for educators, exploring solar resources and tools. HQ: Martinez, CA.
- U N. Iowa STORM project
- Last modified 2012-01-18 08:45:32
This meteorology program offers professional development to teachers, not just in Iowa. Topics include air quality.
- Vermont Energy Education Program
- Last modified 2015-06-19 08:47:29
VEEP offers workshops, curriculum materials, and presentations to promote energy literacy.
- Virginia Wind Energy Collaborative at James Madison U.
- Last modified 2009-12-14 20:06:13
Field trips, classroom visits, activities, teacher workshops, and more about wind and renewable energy.