Gr 7-10 Teachers, Clean Energy Institute
Submitted by Chris Mason
CLEAN ENERGY GOES TO SCHOOL
Science and Technology/Engineering Institute, grades 7-10
June 27, July 11-15, July 18-21, & fall follow-up session
Middle and high school teachers, sign up to learn the science and technology concepts that underlie high-performance energy-efficient school buildings, renewable energy technologies, and alternative transportation fuels and how to apply this knowledge to grades 7 - 10 level science and technology education.
At this institute you will:
- Learn from leading experts in architecture, renewable energy, and climate systems
- Apply energy monitoring and power technologies
- Learn by doing: design and construct solar-powered battery chargers, model solar cars, and solar powered science equipment
- Access a well-organized library of educational resources
- Receive $200 stipend and $200 toward the purchase of resource materials and books
- Learn from fellow teachers
- Receive 67.5 PDPs and/or 3 college credits
- Plus more!
For more details, visit: www.nesea.org/education/CIRE_Index.html
The course will be held at a newly renovated, high-performance, energy-efficient middle / high school building with a 30 kW photovoltaic array and library of educational resources on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and alternative transportation fuels. We will use the building as jumping-off point for course content.
To learn more and to register go to:
Enjoy your April vacation!
Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
50 Miles St., Suite 3
Greenfield, MA 01301
(413) 774-6051 x21