Sixth annual Green Grand Prix to be held May 8, 2010 at Watkins Glen
Submitted by Robert Gillespie
The Green Grand Prix is based in Watkins Glen, NY and is a committee of the International Motor Racing Research Center. The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is the primary sponsor. The purpose is to promote environmentally friendly transportation through motoring events and educational outreach. For the past two years, the State of New York has recognized this effort through a Legislative Resolution.
Our full day of activities will include:
1. An 80 mile fuel economy competition for all classes of vehicles. Awards will be presented in 10 categories. Steam vehicles included.
2. The only official TSD SCCA Road Rally in the United States for alternate fuel vehicles and hybrids. Traditional gasoline vehicles also invited.
3. A New York State Electrathon event for regional high schools.
4. A Green Expo showcasing the latest in clean and sustainable technology .
5. Two video contests for schools encouraging them to attend, video our event, and share their experiences with the public. The winning 1-4 minute video will be placed on the National SCCA website and YouTube.
For more information or to register please visit the web site or contact Robert Gillespie [see e-mail image], 315-694-2812.