Grant deadline for EPA Biodiesel Buses
Submitted by Joe Jobe
Biodiesel Buses Eligible for EPA Grants, Deadline July 22
U.S. public school districts, including federally recognized tribal organizations that operate schools, can submit proposals to support biodiesel demonstration projects through the EPA's $7.5 million Clean School Bus USA Grant Program. Groups of school districts, such as School District Councils and BOCES (Boards of Cooperative Educational Services) are also eligible.
EPA reports that it will consider projects that use biodiesel with or without other technology. The Agency plans to fund a variety of different technologies and fuels in projects located in urban, rural, large and small school districts.
* Applications must be received at EPA by July 22, 2005. An optional informal notice of "Intent to Apply" is due by June 24, 2005. EPA will make funding decisions by September 30, 2005.
* Application forms and additional background information are available at EPA Grant http://www.epa.gov/oar/grants/05-13.pdf
* Approximately 20-30 awards will be made with an anticipated value of $200,000 - $300,000.
* Click here for helpful tips and suggestions in preparing your grant application.
* For additional ideas, click here
to see how the state of Michigan is supporting biodiesel use through a Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services grant program.
* For a listing of last year's EPA Clean School Bus USA Biodiesel grant award winners, click here.
The National Biodiesel Board is interested in YOUR ideas on how biodiesel can be used in the EPA Clean School Bus USA Grant Program.
Click here to give us a brief description of your proposed project.
You can also help support biodiesel and a healthier environment for school children and employees by
clicking here to forward this communication to others who might be interested in applying for their schools.
Thanks for your interest and support.
National Biodiesel Board
* Click here to join
Biodiesel Alliance/Backers. It's Free!