Mass Sustainability Expo to info session to be held Jan 16, 2013
Submitted by Susan Reyes
Information Session on the Science and Sustainability Expo
Invited: educators, youth leaders and home-school parents of
youth in grades 4-12.
Date: Wednesday, Jan 16. 2013, 4-5:30pm at 50 Miles Street, 2nd
Floor, Greenfield, Massachusetts
Come learn about participating in the region's Second Annual Science
and Sustainability Expo. The Expo, scheduled for Saturday, April
13, 2013, at Greenfield Community College, provides a way for area
educators and youth to showcase their sustainability-related
projects. Certificates will be awarded to all. In addition, each
participant gets individual feedback on his or her work. This event
helps youth and educators inspire others with their projects, and
fosters school-community sustainability action.
At the Expo, participants can:
- Display their environmental-, ecology-, energy-, and
- sustainability-related projects in the Showcase of Youth and
- Classroom Exhibits. Good for educators and youth in Grades 4-12.
- Compete in the KidWind Challenge by designing and building a
- working model wind turbine. Guidance and some materials offered.
- Good for youth in grades 4 - 12. Prizes awarded.
- Show their model sustainable- home or landscape in the Green
- Dollhouse Challenge. For teams or individuals of any age,
- including adults. Good for scout projects, home schoolers and
- multi-generational groups. Certificates and non-competitive
- achievement awards.
The Expo, sponsored by Greening Greenfield, is free.
Pre-registration for the info session is preferred, but not
required. To pre-register, or for more information, email
[see email image] or call Susan Reyes, Science and
Sustainability Educator, (413)259-1658.
For pictures of last years Expo:
For information on the KidWind Challenge:
For information on the Green Dollhouse Challenge: