Electric vehicles promotion contest seeks middle school entries.
Submitted by Suzette Bienvenue
Sacramento (California) Municipal Utility District is hosting a contest for middle school students in their service area. Make a video on your cell phone about why electric vehicles are cool and compete to win cash and prizes. Enter by October 18 2019.
SMUD is hosting a new competition for middle school students in Sacramento County. Any student in grades 7 – 8, individually or with a team of up to three can apply. Simply create a 1-2 minute video on why electric vehicles are cool for a chance to win scholarships and prizes.
• Students must reside or attend school in SMUD’s service area.
• Teams of 1-3 students. Each student must submit an application with team name and school.
• Students must submit a video of 1-2 minutes promoting the benefits of driving electric.
• Students may use a smart phone to film the video.
• Video may be live action, animated or a combination.
• Videos may not use copyrighted images or music.
• The video must be in 16 x 9 format.
• Videos will be uploaded to YouTube.
• Application/video release due by Friday, October 18, 2019
• All video submissions due Wednesday, October 30, 2019
• The top five winners/teams will receive:
- Free family passes to the California Auto Museum - Scholarships
- An invitation to the award ceremony in December
• Immediate family members of SMUD employees are ineligible to apply.
Once the application is received, you’ll get information, resources and support.